Freelance clients have included:
- Bristol Leadership and Change Centre, University of the West of England (led an independent review of services for homeless young people in Bristol commissioned by 1625 Independent People; part of a team delivering evaluation of the Golden Key initiative to transform services in Bristol for those with multiple complex needs).
- Centre for Public Engagement, University of Bristol (independent evaluator of four-year Schools-University Partnership Initiative; developed and delivered evaluation training sessions for team members).
- Dance United Yorkshire (independent evaluation of three youth dance programmes funded by Dawes Trust).
- Bristol Museums and Galleries (independent evaluation support for exhibition Death: The Human Experience).
- Paul Hamlyn Foundation (independent analysis of stakeholder survey results)
- Federation for Detached Youth Work/ Dynamo International (web survey and practitioner group facilitation, for research project on evaluation systems for street outreach across Europe).
- Brathay Trust (three evaluations of youth empowerment programmes; literature review to support planned digital literacy project; market research assignment on commissioning behaviour in Children and Young People’s Services across England).
- You Make It Ltd (theory of change mapping to support young women’s empowerment programme).
- Helen Macpherson-Smith Trust (scoping research to support a trustees meeting).
- Social Research Association (survey of potential new membership).
- London Borough of Islington, Family Learning Department (stakeholder survey of CVS organisations to assist bid to Big Lottery).
- HMP Belmarsh Prison chaplaincy (resettlement project funding research – pro bono).
- University of Exeter, Department of Sociology and Anthropology (course materials development).
As part of consultancy teams for Compass Partnership:
- Wikimedia UK (independent review of governance).
- Turn2us / Elizabeth Finn Care (evaluation and user case studies of website and helpline).
- Masonic Samaritan Fund (research, report, board presentation, and case studies on barriers to applications).
- Royal British Legion (research and report on extra care housing).
Employed and embedded research roles:
- University of Bristol, Graduate School of Education (AHRC Connected Communities Research Associate).
- Paul Hamlyn Foundation (Research Analyst on impact framework project).
- Dance United (embedded evaluation researcher).